Maino Signs With Atlantic Records
New York, NY --
All I want is mine's in stacks, Day dreamin' with a nine in my lap.
Til' the day that the Lord come for me, even if the world don't love me."
"Definition of a Thug"
MAINO - if you don't know him, you'll get to know him by the end of one song; those who love him, appreciate his honesty, those who hate him, can't deny him. Armed with a new label deal with Atlantic Records, and an even stronger focus and dedication, MAINO and his Hustle Hard team is poised to become a force that the entertainment industry can't deny.
With the assistance of a committed team and keeping a strong presence in the DVD Magazine (winner of 2006's Most Consistent Artist on a DVD Award) and the mixtape circuit, MAINO made major noise by provoking the egos of his counterparts, and now in 2007, he is coming into his own. The Hustle Hard veteran has branded the ears of the streets with songs like "Rumors"," My Hood", "Take It Like A Man", "Stomp!", "My Life Is A Movie", "Summertime" , and his most recent artistry of work, "Streets Been Good To Me".
With the help of 50 Cent's personal phone call to Craig Kallman (CEO of Atlantic Records), MAINO has found a new home at Atlantic Records. This new venture has cultivated a strong alliance with label mate T.I. and his Grand Hustle team, which allows MAINO to explore the opportunity of expanding his Hustle Hard brand. MAINO is currently recording new tracks for his debut album, "DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR" which will release in early 2008. With a co-sign from two of hip-hop's biggest idols how can you doubt that MAINO's a rising star?
What's next to come? MAINO has started Hustle Hard Publishing, which will produce & release the book "GANGSTAS DON'T DIE", available Fall 2007.
"I don't care if you're a garbage man or on the corner, if you about a dollar you Hustle Hard"
- MAINO, Hustle Hard
Written by DJ Z on 08/27/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.