Lil’ Wayne’s “Lollipop” Makes Radio History
New York, NY -- Cash Money/Universal Motown Records multi-platinum artist Lil Wayne is once again taking control of the airwaves and breaking records in both with “Lollipop,” the first single from his highly anticipated album Tha Carter III. This is the biggest add week that a hip-hop artist has received at Rhythm Crossover and the biggest any artist has received at Urban Radio including Beyonce and Mariah. “Lollipop,” featuring Static is #1 Most Added and Greatest Gainer at both radio formats receiving a total of 138 adds at Mediabase and R&R.
With a listening audience of 25.7 million “Lollipop,” is being well received at key radio stations across the country including: New York (Hot 97), Los Angeles (Power), Seattle (93 KUBE), Miami (99 Jamz), Philadelphia (Power 99), Atlanta (Hot 107) and Detroit (Hot 102). “Lollipop” is also #1 on iTunes Hip-Hop Chart and #4 Overall, and Lil Wayne’s MySpace page received over a million unique views this week giving him the #1 Top Artist profile on the site. The video is currently in heavy rotation at MTV, MTV2, BET's Rap City and MTV Jams, where it appeared as the Jam Of The Week. The “Lollipop” video is also in medium rotation at MTV Hits and on BET’s main playlist. Lil Wayne will also appear on BET's annual Spring Bling and will be only the 2nd artist in the event's history to perform for an entire episode!
Since the release of his last CD, the platinum selling Tha Cater II, Lil Wayne has guest appearances on over 70 songs for other artists including Fat Joe’s 2008 Grammy nominated single “Make It Rain,” DJ Khaled’s “We Taking Over,” and Wyclef Jeans’ “Sweetest Girl.” He also released a duet CD with Bryan “Birdman” Williams titled Like Father, Like Son in 2006 which was a critical and commercial success.
“Lollipop” provides a sweet taste of what to expect, and proves that Lil Wayne is at the top of the game.
Written by DJ Z on 03/27/08
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.