Lil’ Wayne Signs Lucrative “Branded Liquor” Deal
Cash Money Records superstar Lil' Wayne, a.k.a. Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. signed the speculated multi-million dollar deal with Straight Up Brands, Inc. Straight Up is one of the many "luxury line" companies to which Lil' Wayne is contracted to collaborate on the development, branding and marketing of a product. The deal was brokered by Raymond "Raydon" Coleman, CEO of A Team Entertainment and Ron "Black" Baptiste, CEO of BlackCole Entertainment and partner of A Team Entertainment.
Straight Up Brands Inc. is a public company that develops, produces, markets and promotes branded alcohol beverages through collaborations with artists, DJ's and other influential celebrities. The company is a vehicle through which entertainers and other well-known leaders in the entertainment industry have the ability to create personalized beverage products that are unique to their style and enticing to their fans. Lil' Wayne will be among a select few chosen by the company to participate in such a relatively new concept in liquor marketing. The diverse celebrities with whom Straight Up has developed products have well-established names and audiences. A few of theseentertainers include: Lorraine Bracco, Jim Jones, Cam'ron and Big Tigger and Lil Flip.
The exact details of the Straight Up/Lil' Wayne deal, including launch date and estimated retail price, were not publicly available at press time. However, industry buzz indicates all parties involved are excited to begin this endeavor and enthusiastically anticipate the national marketing and promotional campaign.
Written by DJ Z on 05/23/07
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.