Lil’ Wayne Sells Over “A Milli-ion” Copies of “Tha Carter III”
New York, NY -- Cash Money/Universal Motown Records multi-platinum recording artist Lil Wayne expands his dynasty with Tha Carter III. The new CD is the biggest release by far for 2008, selling over 1 Million copies its first week, reigning #1 on Nielsen SoundScan, besting Mariah Carey’s record-breaking release earlier this year. Not since 50 Cent’s The Massacre in 2005 has an artist sold over 1 Million albums their first week.
Read DJBooth's review of Lil' Wayne's "Tha Carter III."
Written by DJ Z on 06/18/08
You Might Like...
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.