Lil Jon, E-40, Bobby V, Ying Yang Twins and More Go Gaming
New York, NY -- "Halo 3" won't be available until September 25, but some of Hip-Hop's biggest hit-makers got a chance to play against one another as Lil Jon, E-40, Bonecrusher, Bobby V, Fabo of D4L, Lil Scrappy, Ying Yang Twins and more came out to preview what will be the biggest hit in video games this year. While in Atlanta, Konsole Kingz also introduced Microsoft to other Hip-Hop elite by stopping through Stankonia Studios to visit Big Boi of Outkast and Collipark Studios to visit Mr. Collipark.
"My guys came through from Microsoft with some gifts. I got the brand new Halo 3 special edition Xbox 360. The biggest entertainment release ever! They told me the numbers for the first day opening, you won't believe it," said Big Boi of the launch of Halo 3.
"We couldn't be happier with the industry's response to the Konsole Kingz - Halo 3 party," says CJ Peters, CEO and founder of Konsole Kingz. "Gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry and growing fast. Our goal is to bring the influential world of hip-hop to the video game space; events like this are the start."
Artists received the Xbox 360 Special Edition Halo 3 Console, available in stores starting yesterday, along with a Zune – Halo 3 Edition.
When Halo 2 launched in 2004, it generated a record-setting $125 million (U.S.) in sales within the first 24 hours and changed the way people think about interactive entertainment. Three years later, Halo 2 remains the most-played game on Microsoft's Xbox LIVE® online gaming and entertainment network, with nearly 1 billion hours of online gaming logged to date.
Detailed information about Halo 3 and Xbox 360 can be found by visiting www.xbox.com/press . For more information on Konsole Kingz, please visit: www.konsolekingz.com.
Written by DJ Z on 09/18/07
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.