Lil’ Flip Storms Soundscan Charts
New York, NY -- Lil’ Flip’s highly anticipated I Need Mine comeback album is a commercial smash. The Houston rapper’s first Warner Bros./Asylum album entered the SoundScan Top Rap Albums chart at #4 Rap, the Top R&B Album at #8 and is #14 in sales on the Top Albums chart. SoundScan charts represent album sales in the U.S.
Backing up the lofty chart positioning, acclaim has been flowing for Flip and I Need Mine. New York Times says, “[Flip]'s back to being a genial charmer,” while Billboard magazine wrote that I Need Mine is, “a stronger-than-expected collection with several hit- sounding singles (‘Busta Clip,’ ‘Starched and Clean’) and some genuinely melodic moments, like the acoustic-flavored ‘Find My Way’ and ‘Single Mother.’” The Boston Globe says, “Flip still slings slang with fluidity and spits with overflowing confidence."
Part of Flip’s appeal -- which led to the platinum-plus success of his two previous national albums, 2002’s Undaground Legend and 2004's U Gotta Feel Me -- is that he is able to present his street appeal on commercially viable music. The trend continues on I Need Mine. "This CD is the best example of where I am right now," Flip declares. "I've got records for the ladies. I've got street records, club records. I'm really proud of the album because I'm bringing everything I've got and I guarantee that the fans won't be disappointed."
Written by DJ Z on 04/6/07
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.