Legendary MC Rakim to Release “Live, Lost & Found” on March 4
New York, NY -- Legendary lyricist Rakim is set to release a brand new album titled Live, Lost & Found on March 4th, 2008. Live, Lost & Found features four previously unreleased tracks, including the new single “It’s Nothing,” as well as an additional 17 tracks of classic Rakim material performed live.
Rakim is near-universally acknowledged as one of the greatest MCs — perhaps the greatest — of all time within the hip-hop community. His flow is smooth and liquid, inflected with jazz rhythms and carried off with an effortless cool that makes it sound as though he’s not even breaking a sweat.
After teaming up with Queens DJ Eric B. in 1986, Rakim recorded a string of classic material like “Eric B. Is President,” “I Ain't No Joke” and “Paid in Full.” The duo’s first two full-length albums, 1987’s Paid in Full and 1988’s Follow the Leader, are still regarded as all-time hip-hop classics; Rakim’s work set out a blueprint for other, similarly progressive-minded MCs to follow, and helped ensure that even after the rise of other fertile scenes around the country, East Coast rap would maintain a reputation as the center of innovative lyrical technique.
Written by DJ Z on 02/27/08
You Might Like...
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.