DJBooth Goes Behind the Scenes With Laws (Exclusive Video Interview)
New York, N.Y. -- Since introducing himself to our readers with mixtape cut "Your Future Favorite Rapper" back in December of '09, up-and-coming emcee Laws has gone a long way towards proving that track's title true. Thus far in 2010, the Brazilian-born, Florida-based buzzmaker has established himself as a house favorite with numerous features, an exclusive freestyle and, perhaps most importantly, acclaimed breakout mixtape 4:57 PM. Most recently, Laws rejoined forces with the Booth to drop 5:01 (Overtime), an expanded re-release of the aforementioned street album.
Recently, our own Jacques Morel caught up with the emcee at Brooklyn's Factory studios, where he and co-stars Big K.R.I.T. and Emilio Rojas were busy filming the official video accompaniment to "Hold You Down (Remix)." In the exclusive video interview below, Laws takes a break from the shoot to sit down and discuss the Internet's positive effects on rap, how the aforementioned collaborators inspired him to elevate his lyrical game, and why he's decided to make his next mixtape a tribute to the music of Beatles alum Sir Paul McCartney.
Tune in on Friday for JookS' exclusive video interview with Big K.R.I.T., the Meridian, Mississippi phenom who brought us K.R.I.T. Wuz Here!
Written by JookS on 08/4/10
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.