KOCH Sets Up KOCH Urban South and Names Big Oomp to Head the Division
New York, NY -- KOCH Records announces the extension and broadening of its existing deal with Atlanta's Big Oomp Records. The multi-year deal will cover North America.
The two labels have already had great success together. The release of DJ Unk's debut album "Beat'n Down Yo Block" has sold over 200,000 units. He has also sold a combined 4 million + digital units of his singles "Walk It Out" and "2 Step" (mobile/digital singles). "Walk It Out" was also a #1 hit at Urban Radio.
Confirmed 2008 releases under the Big Oomp/KOCH umbrella are albums by Baby D and Big Korey, as well as the upcoming sophomore DJ Unk album.
In addition, label head Big Oomp will head the newly-formed KOCH South Urban imprint and also provide production services for other KOCH artists.
KOCH Records President Bob Frank says, "This is a watershed moment for our company and we are thrilled to enter into this expanded relationship with Big Oomp. We are very fortunate to have such a talented entrepreneur as our partner and are looking forward to blowing this up over the next few years."
Big Oomp adds, "I'm very happy with what KOCH and I have come up with, and to head KOCH South. It's an honor to commit my energy into doing the best I can do to make sure we turn in hits. KOCH is building its house and I'm glad to be a part of it. I've had a successful first year with KOCH and think that they deserve to have me for a couple more years."
Written by DJ Z on 10/18/07
You Might Like...
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.