Koch Records Will Release Big Noyd’s “Illustrious” on January 22
New York, NY -- KOCH Records is pleased to announce the release of a new album by Queensbridge rapper Big Noyd. Illustrious hits stores everywhere on January 22nd, 2008. This album is executive produced by Lil’ Fame of M.O.P. and features guest appearances by Joell Ortiz, Kira and Serani.
Big Noyd was first introduced with his verse on “Stomp ‘Em Out” from Mobb Deep's 1993 debut Juvenile Hell. But it was in 1995 on the duo’s follow up, The Infamous, that Noyd really began to be noticed. He later credited his first recording contract to that key appearance.
His debut album, Episodes of a Hustla, was well-received by critics and fans alike. His next two albums, Only The Strong and On The Grind, were highlighted by numerous Mobb Deep features, and were a good introduction to Big Noyd’s music for the masses.
In 2004, after releasing Only The Strong, Noyd made his acting debut, playing the leading role in the Mobb Deep-produced film, Murda Muzik - The Movie.
Written by DJ Z on 12/13/07
You Might Like...
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.