KOCH Records to Release Highly-Anticipated Album From DJ Envy and Red Cafe
New York, NY -- KOCH Records is pleased to announce the release of a new collaboration album, "The Co-Op," by acclaimed mix tape guru/HOT 97/Sirius Radio personality, DJ Envy and esteemed lyricist Red Café. The album will be released on September 25th, 2007 and features guest appearances from some of the biggest names in hip-hop including Fabolous, Fat Joe, Styles P and Sheek Louch, Paul Wall, Nina Sky and many more.
The 1st pair of singles off the new album will be "Dolla Bill" which features Fabolous and JD and "Things You Do" featuring Nina Sky.
DJ Envy is a two-time Just-O Mix Tape Award recipient and one of New York's leading mix tape DJs. Since starting his career in the early 2000s, he has steadily climbed the ranks of the hip-hop world, becoming known for featuring the hottest tracks and exclusives on his mix tapes by some of the best in the game including Jay-Z, Cam'ron, and The LOX. He has also produced vigorous tracks for artists such as DMX, Foxy Brown, Ja Rule, Fabolous, Petey Pablo, and Juvenile.
Mainstream music listeners are just now getting a taste of Red Café, the man who underground audiences have heralded as a legend for almost a decade now. Red had laid down tracks with the some of the best; from 50 Cent to LL Cool J, and when he wasn't crafting his distinctive flow, he was spreading his talent around, penning memorable songs for others.
Tracklisting for "The Co-Op": (Subject to change)
1. Intro - DJ Envy, Red Cafe
2. Dolla Bill - JD, Fabolous
3. Things You Do - Nina Sky
4. Buck Buck - Sheek Louch
5. G Move - Uncle Murda, Styles P
6. What It Do - Remy Ma
7. Ghetto Children - Mr. Easy
8. Jeep Shit - Fabolous, Paul Wall
9. We Really Do This - Mims, Currency
10. I Know - Fabolous
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.