KOCH Records Signs New Deal With Supergroup Terror Squad
NEW YORK, NY -- KOCH Records announces a new deal with supergroup Terror Squad. Under this universal deal, the Bronx crew will release two albums on KOCH Records.
Terror Squad (Fat Joe, DJ Khaled, et al) have previously released two albums: 1999's self-titled "Terror Squad" and 2004's "True Story," which included the monster hit, "Lean Back." Together, the albums have sold close to 750,000 copies.
KOCH has an existing deal with Terror Squad's DJ Khaled, who has released two albums for Terror Squad/KOCH Records. His latest, "We the Best," is approaching 300,000 units sold and spawned the hits, "We Takin' Over," and the new monster anthem "I'm So Hood," which is quickly becoming one of the biggest hits of the season.
Alan Grunblatt, General Manager of KOCH Records, says, "I signed Fat Joe to his first record deal in 1992 when I was at Relativity. I am thrilled to be working with Joe again, and continuing our relationship with Terror Squad and DJ Khaled. We've had great success this year!"
Fat Joe says, "We've had major success with KOCH and the Terror Squad imprint in the past, especially with DJ Khaled's two albums. We will continue this success with this new Terror Squad deal at KOCH Records. It's a perfect place to unveil our new members."
DJ Khaled adds, "The Terror Squad albums at KOCH are going to be huge! Terror Squad/KOCH is going to make history. KOCH is a label that works their artists to victory. I'm happy to be a part of two big families!!!!"
Written by DJ Z on 10/23/07
You Might Like...
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.