Koch Records Inks Bubba Sparxxx and “New South Ent” Label
New York, NY -- KOCH Records is proud to announce the signing of Bubba Sparxxx and his New South Entertainment label.
One of the most forward thinking rappers to bless the game, Bubba will release his fourth studio album in the summer of 2008. He’s been actively working on new material that will blow away his long time fans and make believers out of new ones.
In addition to Sparxxx’s new album, he will also release a new Mixtape in 2008 and will introduce new artists signed to New South Entertainment.
First bursting upon the scene in 2001 with his Gold certified album, Dark Days, Bright Nights (which yielded the monster hit “Ugly”), Sparxxx followed up with his genre-bending Deliverance; an album that took many fans by surprise and earned the rapper much critical acclaim for being well ahead of his time thanks to its ground-breaking production. Bubba’s last album The Charm (released in 2006) spawned the massive hit “Ms. New Booty” which became one of the biggest Ringtones of all time and hit well over 11,000 spins at Radio.
Together, Sparxxx’ 3 albums have collectively sold over 1.3 million albums in the U.S. alone.
Alan Grunblatt, General Manager of KOCH Records says, “Bubba Sparxxx is the rapper’s rapper. He continually surprises his fans with his diversity and comes out with hit after hit. We’re thrilled to be working with him.”
To hear new music visit: www.MySpace.com/BubbaSparxxx
Written by DJ Z on 02/12/08
You Might Like...
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.