KOCH Records Charts 4 Albums on the Independent Chart
NEW YORK, NY -- KOCH Records had a record sales week with four of the top Independent albums for the week of March 1st, 2007, according to Soundscan numbers released today.
B.G. & The Chopper City Boyz' "We Got This" debuted at #1 on the Billboard Independent Chart with almost 27,000 units sold, while Slim Thug & The Boss Hogg Outlawz' "Serve & Collect" debuted at #3 with almost 13,000 sold.
Unk's October 2006 release, "Beat'n Down Yo Block," remained on the chart at #10 with almost 5,600 units sold. Unk also topped the Billboard New Artist Albums Chart and the Heatseekers Charts at #1. And finally, Jim Jones' smash November release, "Hustler's P.O.M.E. (Product of My Environment)," charted at #11 with 5,800 units sold. Both Unk and Jim Jones have platinum ringtones and gold digital singles for their hits, "Walk It Out," and "We Fly High," respectively.
KOCH Records President Bob Frank comments, "We are off to the races in '07 and looking forward to what will be our best year ever. We have a very strong release schedule and a great team to make it all happen. It's hard to beat that combination!"
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.