KOCH Records Charts 4 Albums on the Independent Chart
NEW YORK, NY -- KOCH Records had a record sales week with four of the top Independent albums for the week of March 1st, 2007, according to Soundscan numbers released today.
B.G. & The Chopper City Boyz' "We Got This" debuted at #1 on the Billboard Independent Chart with almost 27,000 units sold, while Slim Thug & The Boss Hogg Outlawz' "Serve & Collect" debuted at #3 with almost 13,000 sold.
Unk's October 2006 release, "Beat'n Down Yo Block," remained on the chart at #10 with almost 5,600 units sold. Unk also topped the Billboard New Artist Albums Chart and the Heatseekers Charts at #1. And finally, Jim Jones' smash November release, "Hustler's P.O.M.E. (Product of My Environment)," charted at #11 with 5,800 units sold. Both Unk and Jim Jones have platinum ringtones and gold digital singles for their hits, "Walk It Out," and "We Fly High," respectively.
KOCH Records President Bob Frank comments, "We are off to the races in '07 and looking forward to what will be our best year ever. We have a very strong release schedule and a great team to make it all happen. It's hard to beat that combination!"
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.