Koch Records & Black Hand Entertainment to Release New Album by Foxy Brown
New York, NY -- KOCH Records and Black Hand Entertainment announce the release of Foxy Brown's new album, "Brooklyn's Don Diva," on November 20th, 2007.
The first single, "Don't Surrender" featuring Graf, will be serviced to radio shortly.
Foxy Brown made headlines last weekend when she was sentenced by a New York judge to serve one year in prison. She recently completed this long-awaited album to deliver to her fans.
Speaking out about her incarceration, Foxy says, "This is just a temporary situation. I made my bed and have no problem lying in it. My will is steady. What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger. I think there are greater injustices in America that require our immediate attention, like what's going on in Jena, Louisiana. I will not surrender, I'm fine, free Jena Six!"
Foxy Brown first made a name for herself after winning a talent contest in her hometown of Brooklyn and was soon featured on tracks by LL Cool J, Nas, Case, Toni Braxton and more. She later joined the hip-hop supergroup The Firm in the late '90s with Nas, AZ and Nature. The group released an album in 1997 titled "The Firm: The Album," which sold over 900,000 units. Brown released three solo albums: "Ill Na Na" (1996), "Chyna Doll" (1999), and "Broken Silence" (2001) which sold a total of 3 million records and propelled her to stardom. Foxy was the first female rapper to release an album that debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 with "Chyna Doll."
Alan Grunblatt, General Manager and Executive Vice President of KOCH Records, states, "Foxy Brown is the greatest female MC of all time. Her fans are clamoring for new music and we are here to deliver."
Foxy's manager, Chaz Williams states, "I visited Foxy at Rikers the day after sentencing, and her spirits were high. I expected nothing less. I was in court at sentencing and she didn't blink an eye. She's a strong girl. So, I'm sorry Miss Jackson, we're not impressed, and definitely not stopping musically. 'Brooklyn's Don Diva' will be released as scheduled, and will be heavily promoted by her label, her distributors, and the Black Hand team. And to the pregnancy rumors, this is the official statement: She is not pregnant, check the video out...!"
Written by DJ Z on 09/12/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.