K’naan to Release “Twitter Single” Assembled from Fans’ Tweets
Toronto, ON -- Somali-Canadian musical trailblazer K'naan is about to collaborate with his fans in an unprecedented way -assembling a new version of his song "People Like Me" from their tweets on Twitter. On April 1st, K'naan will invite his Twitter followers to download the special instrumental version of the song, created specially for this promotion, and submit their own lyrics for the story via his Twitter. All fan tweets tagged with #knaansong will be considered for inclusion in the final song. Deadline for submissions is May 1st. Following that, K'naan will assemble the best tweets and record the results, crediting all contributors on his official site and all other social profiles. The final track will be made available to fans via free download on K'naan's Twitter page at http://twitter.com/thedustyfoot and his official site at http://knaanmusic.com This will mark the first time Twitter will be officially used for the creation of a song.
More information can be found at http://www.amoctone.com/knaan/plmtweet/
Written by richard on 04/3/09
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.