K’naan to Release “Twitter Single” Assembled from Fans’ Tweets
Toronto, ON -- Somali-Canadian musical trailblazer K'naan is about to collaborate with his fans in an unprecedented way -assembling a new version of his song "People Like Me" from their tweets on Twitter. On April 1st, K'naan will invite his Twitter followers to download the special instrumental version of the song, created specially for this promotion, and submit their own lyrics for the story via his Twitter. All fan tweets tagged with #knaansong will be considered for inclusion in the final song. Deadline for submissions is May 1st. Following that, K'naan will assemble the best tweets and record the results, crediting all contributors on his official site and all other social profiles. The final track will be made available to fans via free download on K'naan's Twitter page at http://twitter.com/thedustyfoot and his official site at http://knaanmusic.com This will mark the first time Twitter will be officially used for the creation of a song.
More information can be found at http://www.amoctone.com/knaan/plmtweet/
Written by richard on 04/3/09
You Might Like...
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)