Kidz In The Hall, Bun B and Talib Kweli Team Up for Change
New York, NY -- As the first group in the Hip-Hop community to publicly endorse presidential hopeful Barack Obama back in late 2007, Kidz In The Hall will continue their unwavering support for the Chicago native this evening (Monday, March 31st) with the help of some friends. Kidz In The Hall’s whose soulful ode to Barack Obama is entitled, “Work To Do,” will be world premiering their “Change Remix” tonight on two mediums--- both premiers will happen simultaneously.
The “Change” remix is produced by Kidz In The Hall member Double-0 and features heavyweights Bun B and Talib Kweli, who like many in the hip hop community, are proud to show their support for Obama. The song’s content focuses its attention on many of the issues facing both the artists as individuals, as well as the country as a whole. Having three emcees, all from different cities in the US – Chicago, Brooklyn and Houston respectively – shows the unification within the Hip-Hop community that will hopefully encourage young people to take a long look at the issues affecting them in this country.
The “Change” remix will also be the first release that will be featured on the much talked about DJ Green Lantern & Russell Simmons’ “Yes We Can” – Obama mixtape due out next month.
Kidz In The Hall will embark on a 16 city college campus tour this week with Gym Class Heroes to support the May 13 release of their sophomore LP The In Crowd. Talib Kweli has just released the MCEO mixtape with Mick Boogie and his CD, Eardrum, is in stores now. Bun B will be releasing his much anticipated II Trill solo project April 29th.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/08
You Might Like...
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)