Keyshia Cole’s “Just Like You” 2nd Best-selling CD in America
Santa Monica, CA -- R&B sensation Keyshia Cole's sophomore CD, Just Like You (Imani/Geffen Records) is the 2nd best-selling CD in the nation debuting at #2 on the "Billboard 200" chart and is the #1 R&B CD in the country on Billboard's "Top R&B/Hip- Hop Albums" chart selling close to 300 thousand copies in its first week of release. The CD is executive produced by Keyshia Cole, her manager Manny Halley, and Geffen Chairman Ron Fair.
Keyshia beats out other 1st week-sellers: Jill Scott, Melissa Etheridge and the Foo Fighters. This makes for the best sales week of Keyshia Cole's career following her 2005 debut album The Way It Is which sold over 1.5 million copies. Just Like You includes her #1 single "Let It Go" produced by Missy Elliot and featuring Missy and Lil' Kim. Keyshia recently shot the video for her second single "Shoulda Let You Go," introducing Amina, her new artist on Imani Entertainment, the label she co-owns with her manager Manny Halley which is distributed by Geffen Records.
Season 2 of her highly-watched reality series on BET, "The Way It Is" (which Cole and Halley executive produced) begins airing on October 30th. She will also make her movie debut in the upcoming MTV film "How She Moves" due to be released in 2008.
Keyshia, who is currently on the cover of the October issue of Essence magazine, headlined her own 20-city House of Blues tour in the summer, and she performed the National Anthem at the kickoff of the 2007 NFL season as the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts hosted the New Orleans Saints on September 6th.
The Oakland native established herself as a fan and critic favorite with one of the biggest hits of 2005, "I Should Have Cheated," followed by one of the most played songs of 2006, "Love"- both from The Way It Is. Keyshia earned the Vibe Next Award and a 2007 ASCAP Award for R&B/Hip-Hop Song for "Love." She also received numerous nominations at the BET Awards, Soul Train Music Awards, American Music Awards, NAACP Image Awards, and Teen Choice Awards. She recently made history as she became the first female ever to land three consecutive number one chart positions on the 14-year-old Nielsen BDS- based urban chart: "Let It Go," and hits from her first CD, "I Should Have Cheated," and "Love."
Written by DJ Z on 10/4/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.