Keith Murray Travels to South Africa
New York, NY -- Keith Murray is back in the US and speaks out about a recent trip to South Africa. There have been numerous reports and inaccuracies in the press since his return regarding a so-called “robbed at gun point” incident. An accurate assessment follows which sheds some light on the episode and what Murray calls “a lesson learned”.
During his stay in Da Vale and Johannesburg Murray worked at a local studio. On the night in question a gate was inadvertently left open. Some desperate and downtrodden members of the community took this as an opportunity and seized what they could. In addition to taking Murray’s laptop, three other computers were stolen as well as cell phones and some food.
Murray traveled to South Africa to not only explore the lands but to perform at the Emperors Palace in Johannesburg.
While there he collaborated with amazing artists and producers such as DJ Cleo KB and Bong Fossie (son of iconic R&B singer Brenda Fossie). Look for these artists on Murray’s next album.
Mr. Murray’s loss of personal property was non-consequential albeit disheartening to say the least but states that “this was not a personal attack.” He went on to say that, “it was a robbery but not an attack; they never pointed a gun at me or spoke to me. It seems they were as nervous as the other people in the room. My only fear was the gun going off by mistake and someone getting killed. I would like to say thank you to everybody for their concern and support. I don’t have any bad feelings toward Africa, this could have happened anywhere”
Even with all of this Keith Murray is on a high. His latest release Rap-Murr-Phobia (Fear of Real Hip Hop) has been received with critical acclaim and his smash single “Nobody Do It Better” was one of the biggest hits of summer.
myspace.com/keithmurray or myspace.com/kochrecords
Written by DJ Z on 11/16/07
You Might Like...
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.