Keith Murray Travels to South Africa
New York, NY -- Keith Murray is back in the US and speaks out about a recent trip to South Africa. There have been numerous reports and inaccuracies in the press since his return regarding a so-called “robbed at gun point” incident. An accurate assessment follows which sheds some light on the episode and what Murray calls “a lesson learned”.
During his stay in Da Vale and Johannesburg Murray worked at a local studio. On the night in question a gate was inadvertently left open. Some desperate and downtrodden members of the community took this as an opportunity and seized what they could. In addition to taking Murray’s laptop, three other computers were stolen as well as cell phones and some food.
Murray traveled to South Africa to not only explore the lands but to perform at the Emperors Palace in Johannesburg.
While there he collaborated with amazing artists and producers such as DJ Cleo KB and Bong Fossie (son of iconic R&B singer Brenda Fossie). Look for these artists on Murray’s next album.
Mr. Murray’s loss of personal property was non-consequential albeit disheartening to say the least but states that “this was not a personal attack.” He went on to say that, “it was a robbery but not an attack; they never pointed a gun at me or spoke to me. It seems they were as nervous as the other people in the room. My only fear was the gun going off by mistake and someone getting killed. I would like to say thank you to everybody for their concern and support. I don’t have any bad feelings toward Africa, this could have happened anywhere”
Even with all of this Keith Murray is on a high. His latest release Rap-Murr-Phobia (Fear of Real Hip Hop) has been received with critical acclaim and his smash single “Nobody Do It Better” was one of the biggest hits of summer.
myspace.com/keithmurray or myspace.com/kochrecords
Written by DJ Z on 11/16/07
You Might Like...
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.