Kanye West’s New Album “Graduation” Due In Late 2007
Chicago, IL - Kanye West is hard at work on his next album, "Graduation," tentatively due in late 2007 via Def Jam.
The artist tells Billboard the likely first single from the album will be "Homecoming" featuring Coldplay's Chris Martin, who recently guested on a track from Jay-Z's comeback album, "Kingdom Come."
One collaborator from West's 2005 album "Late Registration" who will be returning for "Graduation" is multi-instrumentalist Jon Brion. "We'll be working together again on the new project," West promises.
"Jon wasn't just a producer -- he was such a good friend and a great person to bounce ideas off of in the studio. It was the whole experience." West has also been busy behind the boards, having recently produced tracks for Nas' "Hip-Hop Is Dead" and the Game's "Doctor's Advocate." And, as previously reported, the artist will soon be featured in an HBO series "loosely based" on his life. "Curb Your Enthusiasm" mastermind Larry Charles will executive produce.
Written by d mac on 01/27/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.