Exclusive: The Hype Men & DJBooth Release Kanye West’s First Beat Tapes (Disc 2)
The Hype Men and DJBooth.net are proud to present Kanye West's First Beats (Disc 2), a collection of what we believe to be the first beats from the now world famous Mr. West ever released.
"Last week I was stumbling through my garage, searching through old storage bins, when I came across some old beat CDs from my days as a signed Interscope rapper. I was shocked to find that two of them, both given to me in 2001, had the name Kanye West on them. These two beat CDs, now celebrating their 10 year anniversary and I believe the oldest Kanye beats ever released, are here for your enjoyment.
I think this collection of early Kanye beats shows you where he came from, even if it doesn't necessarily sound like 'Kanye' now. He kept at it and became the incredible producer he is today. I remember he even had to leave the studio sessions early, so he could make the last train back to his mom's house. He's come a long way, and I'm proud to have been around, even if for just a second at the start."
- Jensen Karp of The Hype Men
Notes: This is the second disc of an exclusive DJBooth two disc series. Disc 1 is available here. For the full story behind these discs, click here.
Listen to "Kanye Beats (Disc Two)" via DJBooth
Written by Nathan S. on 04/4/11
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.