Kanye West and ED in ‘08 Unveil New PSA Ad Campaign
Washington, D.C. -- Hip-hop superstar Kanye West and Strong American Schools' ED in '08 campaign today unveiled a new television public service announcement, featuring West urging the presidential candidates to address America's education crisis and dropout epidemic. Nationwide, 1.2 million students drop out of high school every year.
"The ED in '08 campaign welcomes this opportunity to partner with the Kanye West Foundation," says Marc Lampkin, executive director of ED in '08. "Together, we are urging the presidential candidates to put forward a plan to improve America's schools because in every community in America, too many children are leaving school without the skills to be ready to succeed in college, career and life."
To learn more about the Kanye West Foundation, visit http://www.kanyewestfoundation.org/. To learn more about Strong American Schools, log onto www.edin08.com/.
Editor's Note: Media organizations interested in a broadcast quality version of the PSA should contact the ED in '08 campaign at 202. 552. 4563.
The Kanye West Foundation is a California-based 501(c) 3 dedicated to combating the severe dropout rate in secondary schools by providing music production programs that motivate students and compel them to stay in school and graduate. The foundation's signature initiative, Loop Dreams, is a rap music and production program that involves students in learning through a hands-on curriculum. The foundation will launch the Loop Dreams Teacher Training Institute in Chicago next year.
Strong American Schools, a project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, is a nonpartisan campaign supported by The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation that promotes sound education policies for all Americans. SAS does not support or oppose any candidate for public office and does not take positions on legislation.
To preview the ad, click here
Source: ED in '08
Written by DJ Z on 09/7/07
You Might Like...
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)