JR Writer to Release Debut Album “History In The Making”
New York-- With Camron, Juelz Santana and Jim Jones at the top of their game, the next generation of Diplomats is upon us. First up at bat will be JR Writer, the much talked about Dipset member who first caught Camrons ear years ago and whos been spitting verses since the age of 16. His hunger and drive is second to none, earning him the nickname the writer of writers. JRs finally ready for his shine on his much-anticipated debut album, History in the Making, which will be released on Tuesday, June 27th on Diplomat Records in conjunction with KOCH Records. The forthcoming release will also feature appearances from Paul Wall, Lil Wayne, Camron, and of course, the rest of the Dipset crew.
Making his scorching Dipset debut with the bomb track Squalie on Juelz Santanas album, From Me To U, hes been dropping heat ever since on Diplomat/KOCH releases like Diplomatic Immunity 2, More Than Music, Vol. 1 and Jim Jones Harlem Diary Of A Summer. Writer also has the streets on lock with his own mixtapes, including Writers Block-- Volumes 1 3 which are among the most popular and sought after Dipset mix tapes in the streets. JRs also been regularly featured on all Diplomat mix-tapes for the past 3 years.
The debut single off of History In The Making was Birdcall which featured Camron & Lil Wayne. The single and video were released late last year and generated some nice heat at urban radio, particularly on HOT 97/New York. JRs current single, Grill Em, is also heating up mix-shows and is also available as a re-mix featuring Hell Rell & Camron. JR is also heavily featured on the new Dipset album, The Movement Moves On, just released through Diplomat / Asylum Records.
Written by DJ Z on 05/3/06
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.