Jordin Sparks, Others, Find Winning Combination in Phoenix [Exclusive Coverage]
Phoenix, AZ -- This past Saturday afternoon, the Phoenix Suns and Jack In The Box hosted their 8th Annual Celebrity Shootout at the US Airways Center in Phoenix.
Celebrities in attendance included actors Donald Faison (Scrubs), Dean Cain (The New Adventures of Lois and Clark), Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile), Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris), Brody Jenner (The Hills), and recording artists Brian McKnight, Tank, and newcomers NLT, among many others.
Reality TV-star Kristen Cavallari (Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County) and American Idol winner (and Arizona native) Jordin Sparks were the “head coaches” for each team; both received special assistance from Phoenix Suns players Boris Diaw and Shawn Marion respectively.
The battle for celebrity supremacy was fierce, but Jordin Sparks purple team prevailed over Kristen’s white team at the conclusion of the game.
Winners aside, the real end result was the important work done by the celebrities in attendance, all of whom raised money for the Phoenix Suns Charities, Suns Nite Hoops and Cox Charities (more below).
“It’s really all about the kids, to come out here and be able to benefit the Suns Charities on a Saturday afternoon, I love it,” said Shawn Marion.
Sparks, who last year attended the event as a spectator, was happy to return to the event to do her part.
“Last year I was just like all of these kids in the stands watching from the side, and this year I’m so excited to be part of the event, and to give back to my community!”
(L) Former Sun Ced Ceballos w/ McKnight, (R) Shawn Marion w/ children
Phoenix Suns Charities is the cornerstone of the team’s foundation, making grants to non-profit organizations that serve children in the area’s of education, health and human services, the arts, sports and recreation, and rehabilitation.
Suns Nite Hoops is a non-profit program offering life skills, educational advancement and job readiness to at-risk young men and their families by providing them with positive alternatives to drugs, gangs and violence.
With the goal of providing the Valley’s youth with the tools they need for long-term success, Cox Charities focuses on education and development in four target areas – science and technology, arts and culture, healthy lifestyle choices and social issues.
Written by Nick "DJ Sandbox" Sandilands
Written by DJ Z on 01/23/08
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.