Joe Tops Independent Album Charts With “New Man”
New York, NY -- Independent label Kedar Entertainment Group and 563 Entertainment is pleased to announce that the "sweet as chocolate and strong as coffee" crooner and platinum-selling recording artist Joe makes a splash with the release of his seventh album, Joe Thomas, New Man. The CD is the #1 independent album in the country, according to Billboard's "Top Independent Albums" chart and is also TOP 10 (#8) on "The Billboard 200 Chart" and Top 5 (#3) on Billboard's "Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums" chart with sales in excess of 54,000 copies. This is an incredible feat for any independent label.
Joe Thomas, New Man was released on September 23rd and already the first single, "E.R. (Emergency Room)," has become a mainstay on the charts. According to Radio and Records, "E.R." has the distinction of being the #1 most added in its first week going for radio adds on the Urban AC charts and subsequently "Most Added" for four weeks. On the Mediabase chart, it currently sits at the seventh position with a total audience over 81.5 million. Since its release, "E.R. (Emergency Room)" has also held the "Most Increased Plays" status on this chart for five weeks. The album's second single, "Why Just Be Friends" will be going for adds at Mainstream Urban radio on October 20th and 21st. Moreover, the Billy Woodruff-helmed video has been a staple on BET and BET J for the last five weeks.
Joe is currently promoting the new album internationally with radio visits & shows, local television performances and print interviews throughout Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Japan, Holland and Africa.
In addition to his music career, Joe is also branching out into the world of business recently partnering with Kedar's K'orus French wines that is distributed across the United States.
Written by richard on 10/6/08
You Might Like...
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.