Jibbs Sells One Million Ringtones of Hit Single “Chain Hang Low”
SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- 15-year old St. Louis native Jibbs is riding high on the success of his hit single, "Chain Hang Low," with more than one million ringtones of the song sold before today's release of his debut album, Jibbs feat. Jibbs. Jibbs is only the second artist to ever go platinum with ringtone sales before a debut album release. The other artist was Rick Ross.
To promote the album, the young star has toured middle and high schools on the east coast and in the midwest giving kids a sneak peak into his dynamic stage show that showcases nationwide on The Scream Tour starting November 22nd in Miami, Fl. and ending on December 31st in Washington, DC. He shares the stage with Yung Joc, Omarion, Ne-Yo, Pretty Ricky, Sammie and One Chance.
Jibbs is a featured artist in the AOL Breakers program for October, November & December and is also included in MTV's prestigious Discover & Download program.
Jibbs is gearing up to shoot a video for "King Kong," the second single from his debut album in LA on Wednesday, October 25th and Thursday, October 26th. In addition to the dynamic ringtone sales, the first single from Jibbs feat. Jibbs, "Chain Hang Low," is a chart-topping and sales smash. It is currently top 10 on the Rhythmic Top 40, R&B/Hip Hop and Billboard "Hot 100" charts and is the #1 selling single in the country according to Neilsen Soundscan.
In preparation for Jibbs' release of Jibbs feat. Jibbs, the rapper celebrates with not one but two album release parties in his hometown. The first event takes place today, October 24th, the day of release @ Club Dolce (200 Broadway) and Friday, October 27th, he hosts a party for his fellow teens at Vault.
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/06
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.