Jibbs Debuts at #11 on Billboard Chart
New York, NY -- Soon to be 16-years old and St. Louis rapper Jibbs is a rising star on the charts with his October 24th, top 20 debut release of the Geffen Records recording, Jibbs Feat. Jibbs. Both the CD and the hit single, “Chain Hang Low” can be found on the charts. The album, Jibbs Feat. Jibbs, debuts at #11 on the “Billboard 200” chart and #7 on Billboard’s “Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums” chart. Evident of its top of the charts status, the Los Angeles Times’ Casey Dolan states that Jibbs’ Jibbs Feat. Jibbs “demonstrates energy and cleverness.”
The ringtone for “Chain Hang Low,” was recently certified platinum (only one other rapper has reached this mark before releasing his debut album – Rick Ross) and has been on Billboard’s “Hot 100” charts for thirteen (13) weeks where it is currently holding steady at #11. The single can also be found on at #9 at radio on the Rap chart, # 14 at radio on the Rhythmic chart and #16 at radio on the urban chart, all TOP 20 chart positions.
With the success of Jibbs’ first single he is more than ready to release the second, “King Kong,” featuring Chamillionaire. A video for “King Kong” was recently shot by famed photographer and now video director Jonathan Mannion, who capitalized on the concept of a crazy riff on car culture and booming systems. Where bigger is not just bigger but badder.
As previously reported, Jibbs is gearing up for the scream tour with Omarion, Mario, Ne-Yo, Sammie, Yung Joc, Pretty Ricky and more. The tour starts on November 22nd in Miami, Florida and end on December 31st in Washington, DC. More tour dates available upon request.
Written by DJ Z on 11/8/06
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.