Jay-Z Inspired Hip-Hop Musical, ‘CONFESSIONS OF A THUG,’ Hits the Streets!
LOS ANGELES, CA -- The new award-winning, highly anticipated hip-hop musical "Confessions Of A Thug," starring Daron Fordham and featured on the cover of the current (March 31st through April 6th) edition of Billboard Magazine, has been released on DVD in the U.S. domestically by Polychrome Pictures, a subsidiary of Warner Home Video.
"Confessions Of A Thug" is a groundbreaking, hip-hop musical chronicling the life of a college-educated street hustler, who explores the path his life has taken. In addition to directing, Daron Fordham (Black Spring Break I & II) starred in and also wrote the picture. In an interview, Fordham said that he was "inspired by the entrepreneurial example of hip-hop mogul Jay-Z to make the picture."
The movie is a cutting-edge urban crime drama, with an outstanding soundtrack of original music, presented with a fresh, new approach to the genre. The movie also includes performances by multi-platinum rap artists J. T. Money and The Lady of Rage.
"This film is a morality tale. You reap what you sow. We wanted to portray that in a non-traditional way and raise the bar artistically on what an urban film can be and look like," says Fordham. By merging hard-hitting rap performances with dramatic filmmaking and edgy photography, Fordham gives his audiences the best of both worlds. "'Confessions' is a movie for the young urban crowd and the art crowd," says Fordham. Among other honors, the movie gained the award for Best Director at this year's 2007 San Diego Black Film Festival.
Raymond Forchion, producer of "Confessions," couldn't agree more: "We've created a product that transcends the borders often set for this type of movie. The musical numbers alone elevate this picture and give it a whole new level of excitement. The soundtrack album includes eleven original hot tracks from the movie that have created a buzz on the underground and club circuits."
The March 31st edition of Billboard is on newsstands now. In addition to the cover spot there is also an article about the picture.
Starting with Birmingham, Alabama, Director/Star Daron Fordham, Producer Raymond Forchion and other stars from the picture will be touring several U.S. cities and visiting various retail outlets in the coming weeks to promote the PolychromePictures/Warner Brothers release.
Written by DJ Z on 04/4/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.