Jay-Z Impresses at Glastonbury Festival, Receives Rave Reviews
New York, NY -- Many spoke their mind when Jay-Z was chosen to headline the UK's Glastonbury Festival this past weekend.
Noel Gallagher of the rock band Oasis spoke the loudest, "If it ain't broke don't fix it...I'm sorry, but Jay-Z? No chance. Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music. I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."
Laughing at his critics, as well as his music industry colleagues, the world-famous rapper gave a rousing performance at the sold out show. With a guitar slung low, he entered the stage to the Oasis song, "Wonderwall," beforing launching into the Rick Rubin-produced, "99 Problems."
Hova was quoted as saying, "These barriers that they have are only put up there to separate us. They are there so people have a way of filing the music but that's not the way kids today listen to music. I listen to all types of music and that's what should happen, that's what the world should be about, mixing culture. There's only good music and bad music."
Written by DJ Z on 06/30/08
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.