Jay-Z Impresses at Glastonbury Festival, Receives Rave Reviews
New York, NY -- Many spoke their mind when Jay-Z was chosen to headline the UK's Glastonbury Festival this past weekend.
Noel Gallagher of the rock band Oasis spoke the loudest, "If it ain't broke don't fix it...I'm sorry, but Jay-Z? No chance. Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music. I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."
Laughing at his critics, as well as his music industry colleagues, the world-famous rapper gave a rousing performance at the sold out show. With a guitar slung low, he entered the stage to the Oasis song, "Wonderwall," beforing launching into the Rick Rubin-produced, "99 Problems."
Hova was quoted as saying, "These barriers that they have are only put up there to separate us. They are there so people have a way of filing the music but that's not the way kids today listen to music. I listen to all types of music and that's what should happen, that's what the world should be about, mixing culture. There's only good music and bad music."
More From Jay Z
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.