Jay-Z Impresses at Glastonbury Festival, Receives Rave Reviews
New York, NY -- Many spoke their mind when Jay-Z was chosen to headline the UK's Glastonbury Festival this past weekend.
Noel Gallagher of the rock band Oasis spoke the loudest, "If it ain't broke don't fix it...I'm sorry, but Jay-Z? No chance. Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music. I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."
Laughing at his critics, as well as his music industry colleagues, the world-famous rapper gave a rousing performance at the sold out show. With a guitar slung low, he entered the stage to the Oasis song, "Wonderwall," beforing launching into the Rick Rubin-produced, "99 Problems."
Hova was quoted as saying, "These barriers that they have are only put up there to separate us. They are there so people have a way of filing the music but that's not the way kids today listen to music. I listen to all types of music and that's what should happen, that's what the world should be about, mixing culture. There's only good music and bad music."
Written by DJ Z on 06/30/08
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.