Jay-Z Fans Can Catch Live Performance from Critically Acclaimed “American Gangster” Tour
Los Angeles, CA -- Hip-hop royalty returns home when Jay-Z takes the stage in New York's Hammerstein Ballroom as part of his six-city tour to promote American Gangster, his tenth studio album. With tickets sold out to all six North American shows, Control Room and MSN offer the only opportunity for fans worldwide to catch this historic performance, back-stage interview, and surprise guests, Diddy, Lil' Wayne, and Rock Boyz on the MSN Music in Concert series premiering on Tuesday, November 20 at 2:00 PM EST/11:00 AM PST at music.msn.com/jayz.
Inspired by the Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe film of the same name and featuring an all-star lineup of producers including Pharrell, Diddy and Jermaine Dupri, American Gangster chronicles Jay-Z's own rise from the streets of Brooklyn to president/CEO of Def Jam Records. Celebrating nearly a decade in the business, the self-proclaimed Hova demonstrates his lyrical prowess on tracks "Blue Magic", "Party Life" and "Pray."
"Jay-Z is one of the most prolific artists of our time, combining an extraordinary ability to convey a compelling story through pointed lyrics and possessing the skills to deliver an electrifying live performance," said Aaron Grosky, president of Control Room. "Control Room's mission is to bring artists of this caliber and exclusive live performances, like this one, to a worldwide audience."
"We at MSN are excited to bring Jay-Z's sold-out American Gangster concert online to those who couldn't get their hands on tickets," said Rob Bennett, general manager, entertainment, video and sports, MSN. "We work to bring the most entertaining content to our 465 million monthly users, and, as one of the most entertaining performers of our time, Jay-Z is taking our list of MSN Music in Concert artists to another level."
Control Room and MSN Music in Concert (music.msn.com/inconcert) have brought nearly 30 shows in 2007, including Rihanna, Akon, John Legend, Pussycat Dolls, James Blunt, and many more, to audiences worldwide.
Written by DJ Z on 11/16/07
You Might Like...
- Win Tickets to See Mick Jenkins & Kirk Knight Live in New York [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.