Jay Sean Talks Rap Origins, “Neon” Album, Birdman Impressions & More
For the latest episode of "Outside the Booth", DJBoothTV's own Jacques Morel catches up with YMCMB international hitmaker Jay Sean to talk about his origins as a rapper, the pros and cons of musical versatility, the four year wait for his upcoming Neon album, finally due out July 30, and much more. Plus, we get a bonus Birdman impression which, frankly, can only be a good thing.
Interview by Jacques Morel.
Video and editing by Erikson Corniel.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/23/13
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.