Janelle Monáe, Wale, Cool Kids & More Support Darfur Now College Tour
Los Angeles, CA -- STAND and Participant Media are proud to sponsor a nationwide tour of the critically acclaimed new documentary, Darfur Now, which will be available on DVD May 27th. Schools around the country, chosen for their outspoken efforts to fight genocide, will host a special screening of Darfur Now and a concert to raise awareness, funds, and send the message that NOW is the time to end genocide in Darfur. Across the country, tens of thousands of students have shown that they will not stand idly by in the face of genocide. From passing legislation to fund raising for relief and protection efforts in Darfur, they have declared that they are the anti-genocide generation. But we can do more...
Berkeley April 24, 2008
University of California Berkeley ft. Zion I, DJ Fuse, Goapele
Atlanta April 25, 2008
Emory University ft. Janelle Monae, Anthony David, Novel, DJ Drama
St. Paul, MN April 27, 2008
William Mitchell College of Law
Minneapolis April 28, 2008
University of Minnesota Law School
Washington D.C. April 28, 2008
Georgetown University ft. Wale, Asheru, DJ Yzo, Mastamind DJ
Chicago May 21, 2008
University of Chicago ft. The Cool Kids
Los Angeles May 29, 2008
University of California Los Angeles
STAND and the Genocide Intervention Network are proud to partner with Participant Media in the college tour of the acclaimed documentary, Darfur Now. With more than 700 chapters at schools around the globe, STAND is the fastest-growing student anti-genocide coalition in the world today. STAND chapters actively organize to prevent and stop genocide wherever and whenever it may occur. In partnership with the Genocide Intervention Network (GI-Net). STAND's long-term goal is to establish a permanent anti-genocide constituency that holds elected officials accountable for doing all that they can to prevent and end genocide.
Participant Media is the leading provider of entertainment that inspires and compels social change. It is a Los Angeles-based production company that focuses on socially relevant, commercially viable feature films and documentaries. Participant Media is headed by CEO Jim Berk and President Ricky Strauss and was founded in 2004 by philanthropist Jeff Skoll, who serves as Chairman. Their films include George Clooney's Good Night and Good Luck, Stephen Gaghan's Syriana, Niki Caro's North Country, Louise Hogarth's Angels in the Dust, Jonathan Demme's Jimmy Carter Man From the Plains, Ted Braun's Darfur Now, Marc Forster's The Kite Runner, Mike Nichol's Charlie Wilson's War and Davis Guggenheim's Academy Award-winning An Inconvenient Truth. Upcoming films for 2008 include Brett Morgen's Chicago 10, Tom McCarthy's The Visitor and Errol Morris' Standard Operating Procedure.
Darfur Now was released by Warner Independent Pictures. Written and directed by Ted Braun, the film explores the Darfur conflict through the first-hand experiences of Don Cheadle, Hejewa Adam, Pablo Recalde, Ahmed Mahmoud Abaker, Louis Moreno-Ocampo and Adam Sterling. The DVD will be out on May 27th, 2008.
The Marketing Division is producing the college tour. They are is a full service marketing agency with a dynamic team dedicated to the delivery of solutions individually tailored to the needs of each client. Its co-founders, Evan Cerasoli and Eddie Donaldson, not only have committed to providing exceptional work that shows impressive results, they also believe deeply in the organization they now run to deliver them.
Written by DJ Z on 04/23/08
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.