Jaheim Announces Summer Tour With Mary J. Blige
BURBANK, CA -- Streetwise soul singer Jaheim will hit the road this summer as a special guest of R&B superstar Mary J. Blige. The 27-date tour, which launches on July 2nd at Houston's Reliant Park, will criss-cross the U.S. for two months, visiting sheds that average a capacity of 10,000 to 15,000 spectators, before concluding on September 10th at Oakland's Chronicle Pavilion.
Jaheim is touring in support of his latest album, the gold-certified "Ghetto Classics," which debuted at Number One on Billboard's Top 200 chart, selling 152,900 copies its first week of release, buoyed by the lead-off single "Every Time I Think About Her," which features rapper Jadakiss. "Ghetto Classics" is the New Jersey native's third Top Ten CD. Both of Jaheim's previous albums, 2001's "Ghetto Love" and 2002's "Still Ghetto" have been certified platinum. His current single, the vintage soul-sounding "The Chosen One," is also steadily climbing Billboard's Urban AC charts.
A tour pairing Jaheim with Blige, the multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning queen of hip-hop soul, is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Blige's current album, "The Breakthrough," debuted at Number One on the Billboard's Top 200 chart and has sold more than two million copies in the U.S. Blige recently performed on the season finale of FOX's "American Idol" before a televised audience of 36 million.
Jaheim's upcoming U.S. tour dates with Mary J. Blige are as follows:
7/2/2006 Houston Reliant Park
7/14/2006 St. Louis UMB Bank Pavilion
7/15/2006 Indianapolis Conseco Fieldhouse
7/16/2006 Bristow, VA Nissan Pavilion
7/21/2006 New York City Madison Square Garden
7/22/2006 Nassau, NY Nassau Coliseum
7/26/2006 Baltimore First Mariner Arena
7/28/2006 Richmond, VA Kanawah Plaza
7/29/2006 Cincinnati Paul Brown Stadium
7/30/2006 Holmdel, NJ PNC Pank Arts Center
8/2/2006 Toronto Air Canada Pavilion
8/4/2006 Virginia Beach Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
8/5/2006 Raleigh, NC Alltell Pavilion
8/6/2006 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
8/11/2006 Dallas Smirnoff Arena
8/12/2006 Memphis Fed Ex Forum
8/13/2006 Kansas City, MO Starlight Theatre
8/19/2006 Chicago, IL Charter One Lake Pavilion
8/20/2006 Detroit DTE Energy Music Theatre
8/25/2006 Miami American Airlines Arena
8/26/2006 Tampa Ford Amphitheatre
8/30/2006 Phoenix Cricket Pavilion
9/1/2006 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
9/2/2006 Las Vegas Mandalay Bay
9/3/2006 Los Angeles Gibson Theatre
9/8/2006 Seattle Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
9/10/2006 Oakland Chronicle Pavilion
Written by DJ Z on 06/19/06
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.