Jae Millz Newest Member of Lil’ Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment
Newark, NJ -- It seems that Lil' Wayne is ready to expand his Young Money Entertainment roster nationwide, from New Orleans to New York City. At a packed-house concert at the Newark Symphony Hall on Sunday, February 24, Weezy introduced Harlem rapper Jae Millz as the newest member of his squad.
Later in the week, Jae Millz confirmed the deal via a magazine interview. Millz offered the following about the new deal:
"Yeah, we just drawing up the paperwork, but I've been rocking with [Weezy] since the first week in 2008...I've just been keeping stuff low, but Young Money is what it is, and I'm still Wanna Blow. The 'Holla At A Playa Remix' is going to be out in two weeks. We're moving, Young Moola Baby!"
Ironically, this will also mean the 24-year old MC's return to his former distribution home of Universal (which he had fought to be released from in '06 due to a lack of promotion), as Young Money is distributed by Cash Money/Universal.
His long-delayed debut album is currently set for release this June.
Written by Burmy on 02/28/08
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.