Jadakiss & Friends Hold Exclusive Myspace Concert [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY – Fresh off the release of his highly-anticipated third album, The Last Kiss, Jadakiss headlined a Wednesday night showcase presented by Myspace and Hot 97. Special guests Ryan Leslie, Busta Rhymes, Swizz Beatz and Sheek Louch co-signed to the fact that he was back on his grind.
A piercing “A-hah!” heralded Jada's entrance into the Highline Ballroom, and his enthusiasm was returned by the hundreds of devoted fans in attendance. The emcee' proceeded to treat his longtime fans to a few LOX classics, harking back to his Bad Boy and Ruff Ryders days with performances of “F*ck You” and “Money Power and Respect.”
“Ladies buy albums, don’t get it twisted,” the rapper said as he prepared for his next set, which included his verses on Ryan Leslie’s “How It Was Supposed to Be (Remix)” and Slim’s “So Fly (Remix)”. Many of the ladies in attendance were thrilled, but it was clear most had come to hear Kiss' street-oriented material. Fortunately, he also catered to this crowd with classic freestyles like “Made You Look” and performances of Kiss tha Game Goodbye records “Put Ya Hands Up,” and “Show Discipline.”
Swizz Beatz joined Kiss for a performance of callout track “Who’s Real,” asking those in the audience with haters to put their middle fingers in the air—needless to say, not one hand in the house stayed down. Later, Jada invited Sheek Louch onstage for rousing renditions of “Kiss Your Ass Goodbye” and “Mighty Mighty D-Block”. Busta Rhymes and Spliff Star even stepped into the spotlight for an action-packed performance of “Conglomerate.”
After amping the crowd up with heavily-rotating banger “Can’t Stop Me,” Jada took things down a notch. His thought-provoking renditions of “What If” and “Things I’ve Been Through” served as a poignant ending to his career-spanning set.
Written by Erica L. on 04/10/09
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.