Jacques Morel’s SXSW Journal: Day 1
Flew into Dallas with a connecting flight to San Antonio. Got extremely lucky because I was on standby the entire way through - luck always works out.
Spent a lot of the day with Jigsaw from AllHipHop. <---Great guy, good times.
Got a free rental car upgrade to a Dodge Challenger.
SXSW is crazy - full of young kids looking for a great time - lots of women too.
It is late - currently it is 3:30 - stayed up so late with the plan of going out and did not even leave the hotel. Ahh well. With Ernest Estime, Source Mag photographer.
Tomorrow - well today - is going to be crazy. Interviews on interviews on interviews. Shout outs to Brian over at Pro Audio Star.
Will include photos tomorrow. Now? Jack in the Box and 3 hours of sleep. SXSWFTW.
Written by JookS on 03/17/11
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.