J. Holiday Performs Special Show at SOB’s [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY -- Ladies, music executives and members of the press ignored New York City’s snowy weather and poured into SOB's Thursday night for a warm serenade from J. Holiday. The Washington, DC native performed for a packed house in anticipation of his sophomore release, Round 2.
Along with a new album comes a new look; Holiday rocked a fresh goatee as he crooned old and new jams to the throngs of screaming women in the front row. Following his presentation of last year’s “Suffocate,” he went into a modernized version of Mint Condition’s “Pretty Brown Eyes.” The ‘80s babies in the audiencewent wild.
As Holiday transitioned from his classics into his soon-to-be classics, he humbly thanked the crowd for coming, made some shout-outs, and launched into his new single, “It’s Yours,” produced by Big Reese & Jasper. “No, I did not pay this side of the room,” he said, responding to shrieks from some lucky ladies to the left of the stage.
Holiday couldn’t leave, however, without dropping his first hit, the Los da Mystro-produced “Bed,” on his faithful fans. Let’s face it, J. Holiday knows his audience, and in the course of the night the singer proved his ability to give listeners what they want.
Written by Erica L. on 01/16/09
You Might Like...
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.