J. Holiday Performs Special Show at SOB’s [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY -- Ladies, music executives and members of the press ignored New York City’s snowy weather and poured into SOB's Thursday night for a warm serenade from J. Holiday. The Washington, DC native performed for a packed house in anticipation of his sophomore release, Round 2.
Along with a new album comes a new look; Holiday rocked a fresh goatee as he crooned old and new jams to the throngs of screaming women in the front row. Following his presentation of last year’s “Suffocate,” he went into a modernized version of Mint Condition’s “Pretty Brown Eyes.” The ‘80s babies in the audiencewent wild.
As Holiday transitioned from his classics into his soon-to-be classics, he humbly thanked the crowd for coming, made some shout-outs, and launched into his new single, “It’s Yours,” produced by Big Reese & Jasper. “No, I did not pay this side of the room,” he said, responding to shrieks from some lucky ladies to the left of the stage.
Holiday couldn’t leave, however, without dropping his first hit, the Los da Mystro-produced “Bed,” on his faithful fans. Let’s face it, J. Holiday knows his audience, and in the course of the night the singer proved his ability to give listeners what they want.
More From J. Holiday
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.