J. Holiday Performs Special Show at SOB’s [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY -- Ladies, music executives and members of the press ignored New York City’s snowy weather and poured into SOB's Thursday night for a warm serenade from J. Holiday. The Washington, DC native performed for a packed house in anticipation of his sophomore release, Round 2.
Along with a new album comes a new look; Holiday rocked a fresh goatee as he crooned old and new jams to the throngs of screaming women in the front row. Following his presentation of last year’s “Suffocate,” he went into a modernized version of Mint Condition’s “Pretty Brown Eyes.” The ‘80s babies in the audiencewent wild.
As Holiday transitioned from his classics into his soon-to-be classics, he humbly thanked the crowd for coming, made some shout-outs, and launched into his new single, “It’s Yours,” produced by Big Reese & Jasper. “No, I did not pay this side of the room,” he said, responding to shrieks from some lucky ladies to the left of the stage.
Holiday couldn’t leave, however, without dropping his first hit, the Los da Mystro-produced “Bed,” on his faithful fans. Let’s face it, J. Holiday knows his audience, and in the course of the night the singer proved his ability to give listeners what they want.
More From J. Holiday
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.