J. Holiday Performs Special Show at SOB’s [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY -- Ladies, music executives and members of the press ignored New York City’s snowy weather and poured into SOB's Thursday night for a warm serenade from J. Holiday. The Washington, DC native performed for a packed house in anticipation of his sophomore release, Round 2.
Along with a new album comes a new look; Holiday rocked a fresh goatee as he crooned old and new jams to the throngs of screaming women in the front row. Following his presentation of last year’s “Suffocate,” he went into a modernized version of Mint Condition’s “Pretty Brown Eyes.” The ‘80s babies in the audiencewent wild.
As Holiday transitioned from his classics into his soon-to-be classics, he humbly thanked the crowd for coming, made some shout-outs, and launched into his new single, “It’s Yours,” produced by Big Reese & Jasper. “No, I did not pay this side of the room,” he said, responding to shrieks from some lucky ladies to the left of the stage.
Holiday couldn’t leave, however, without dropping his first hit, the Los da Mystro-produced “Bed,” on his faithful fans. Let’s face it, J. Holiday knows his audience, and in the course of the night the singer proved his ability to give listeners what they want.
Written by Erica L. on 01/16/09
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.