J-Kwon Preps Digital Sophomore LP, “Hood Hop 2,” for Feb. 17th Release
St. Louis, MO -- At just 22-years-old, St. Louis native J-Kwon looks as though he could be another emerging artist on the scene, but he's actually already a Hip Hop vet. After achieving chart-topping success in 2004 with the single "Tipsy" off his So So Def/Arista debut album, Hood Hop, the teen star was on top of the world. He followed with a few guest appearances, and then seemed to vanish without much explanation.
Now in 2009, J-Kwon is back in the saddle with a new digital album entitled Hood Hop 2, which will be released February 17 in association with Gracie Productions and EMI. J-Kwon also has a new label, Hood Hop Music, and has been honing his own instrumental and production skills.
Currently focused on building up Hood Hop Music, J-Kwon has recently teamed with Gracie Productions to put out the digital album Hood Hop 2. He still works with Jermaine Dupri and Trackboyz, and has dozens of completed songs awaiting release. When all is said and done, J-Kwon is confident in his own abilities, and envisions a future of creative endeavors without boundaries.
Written by richard on 02/13/09
You Might Like...
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.