Island Def Jam & Disturbing Tha Peace Sign New Long-Term Deal
New York, NY -- Island Def Jam Music Group (IDJ) has signed a new long-term extension with Ludacris for his Disturbing Tha Peace label, it was jointly announced today by Antonio “L.A.” Reid, Chairman, Island Def Jam Music Group, and the three principals of the Atlanta-based Disturbing Tha Peace label: Ludacris (aka Chris Bridges), Chaka Zulu and Jeff Dixon.
The Atlanta hip-hop scene and the Dirty South movement in general owe more than they can ever repay to Chris,” said Mr. Reid. “Our friendship stretches back more than a decade and I never cease to be amazed at his imagination, creativity, and most of all his outrageous sense of humor. Now changing business conditions necessitate that we review our respective rosters and focus to ensure that future opportunities and challenges are aggressively achieved. Ludacris has built Disturbing Tha Peace into one of the iconic names in hip-hop, one that will remain an important part of the Island Def Jam family.”
Written by DJ Z on 03/3/08
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.