Island Def Jam & Disturbing Tha Peace Sign New Long-Term Deal
New York, NY -- Island Def Jam Music Group (IDJ) has signed a new long-term extension with Ludacris for his Disturbing Tha Peace label, it was jointly announced today by Antonio “L.A.” Reid, Chairman, Island Def Jam Music Group, and the three principals of the Atlanta-based Disturbing Tha Peace label: Ludacris (aka Chris Bridges), Chaka Zulu and Jeff Dixon.
The Atlanta hip-hop scene and the Dirty South movement in general owe more than they can ever repay to Chris,” said Mr. Reid. “Our friendship stretches back more than a decade and I never cease to be amazed at his imagination, creativity, and most of all his outrageous sense of humor. Now changing business conditions necessitate that we review our respective rosters and focus to ensure that future opportunities and challenges are aggressively achieved. Ludacris has built Disturbing Tha Peace into one of the iconic names in hip-hop, one that will remain an important part of the Island Def Jam family.”
More From DTP
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.