Island Def Jam & Disturbing Tha Peace Sign New Long-Term Deal
New York, NY -- Island Def Jam Music Group (IDJ) has signed a new long-term extension with Ludacris for his Disturbing Tha Peace label, it was jointly announced today by Antonio “L.A.” Reid, Chairman, Island Def Jam Music Group, and the three principals of the Atlanta-based Disturbing Tha Peace label: Ludacris (aka Chris Bridges), Chaka Zulu and Jeff Dixon.
The Atlanta hip-hop scene and the Dirty South movement in general owe more than they can ever repay to Chris,” said Mr. Reid. “Our friendship stretches back more than a decade and I never cease to be amazed at his imagination, creativity, and most of all his outrageous sense of humor. Now changing business conditions necessitate that we review our respective rosters and focus to ensure that future opportunities and challenges are aggressively achieved. Ludacris has built Disturbing Tha Peace into one of the iconic names in hip-hop, one that will remain an important part of the Island Def Jam family.”
Written by DJ Z on 03/3/08
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.