Island Def Jam & Disturbing Tha Peace Sign New Long-Term Deal
New York, NY -- Island Def Jam Music Group (IDJ) has signed a new long-term extension with Ludacris for his Disturbing Tha Peace label, it was jointly announced today by Antonio “L.A.” Reid, Chairman, Island Def Jam Music Group, and the three principals of the Atlanta-based Disturbing Tha Peace label: Ludacris (aka Chris Bridges), Chaka Zulu and Jeff Dixon.
The Atlanta hip-hop scene and the Dirty South movement in general owe more than they can ever repay to Chris,” said Mr. Reid. “Our friendship stretches back more than a decade and I never cease to be amazed at his imagination, creativity, and most of all his outrageous sense of humor. Now changing business conditions necessitate that we review our respective rosters and focus to ensure that future opportunities and challenges are aggressively achieved. Ludacris has built Disturbing Tha Peace into one of the iconic names in hip-hop, one that will remain an important part of the Island Def Jam family.”
Written by DJ Z on 03/3/08
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.