The DJBooth Announces the Winners of Chuck Inglish’s “Legs” Remix Contest
New York, N.Y. -- Earlier this year, Chuck Inglish invited current and aspiring beatsmiths to submit their remixes of "Legs," the lead single off solo debut album Convertibles, for a chance to win a variety of prizes, including (for the Grand Prize Winner) placement on a special digital remix EP. In collaboration with Booth staff, Inglish has listened carefully to each submission and selected the two that impressed him most. Here's what he had to say:
"First, I want to thank DJ Booth and SoundCloud for partnering with us to make this happen. The results were really humbling. We had a lot of interesting remixes submitted that spanned a lot of different genres. In the end, I felt like Keith Katz and Scottie Royal had remixes that really stood out to me. I want to thank both of those guys for their efforts, and congratulate them on their winning mixes. Lastly, I want to thank everyone who participated for their support of both myself and the 'Legs' track.”
Along with placement on the aforementioned remix EP, Grand Prize Winner Keith Katz will receive a free PRO Account on Soundcloud. Scottie Royal, the runner-up, will get a Chuck Inglish-crafted voice over audio spot, to use on his cell phone voice mail. Both winners get an autographed Chuck Inglish prize pack featuring a CD, a 7-inch of the winning song and other merch.
Written by richard on 08/19/14
Featured In This Article
You Might Like...
- Contest Closed: Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.