Ice Cube Readies His “Raw Footage” for June 17 Release
New York, NY -- Following a triumphant return to the mic after 6 years in 2006 with the critically acclaimed release of Laugh Now, Cry Later, which debuted at #2 on the R&B/Hip Hop sales chart and #4 on the Top 200 sales chart, making it the years highest selling independent release in hip hop, the Godfather of Gangsta Rap, Ice Cube is ready to take center stage once again with his ninth solo effort. The highly anticipated new album, titled Raw Footage will be released on June 17th courtesy of his own independent imprint, Lench Mob Records.
Raw Footage is expected to include guest features by artists such as Musiq Soulchild, Nas, Scarface and Dub C. The hip hop legend also collaborated with producers Maestro, Emile, DJ Crazy Toones, Fred Wreck, Palumbo Beats, and Teak "Da Beatsmith" Underdue and Dee Underdue to name a few.
Currently in the studio, putting the final touches on Raw Footage, Cube is also gearing up for his own headlining concert at this year's South by Southwest (SxSW) festival in Austin, TX on March 15th at 8pm CST/9pm EST. Performing for an expected crowd of 20,000 plus fans, Cube will carry out crowd pleasing, classic material along with current hits, which includes the controversial, breakout record, "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" featured on his forthcoming new album.
For those not able to attend the free event, Cube has partnered up with Microsoft Corp. to live stream the performance exclusively on UVNTV.com utilizing their groundbreaking, Silverlight technology, a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering richer user experiences on the Web. Co-created by Cube and hip hop legend DJ Pooh, UVNTV is the world's first real-time streaming television network online, complete with individual channels broadcasting unique content, a TV channel guide and broadband social network.
"We are excited to partner with UVNTV.com and SxSW to bring this live concert into the homes of people globally, using our Silverlight technology which delivers the high-def experiences that Ice Cube's fans will love," said Rob Pulciani, Microsoft's senior mark eting manager. To download Silverlight and watch Cube perform live at SxSW, visit www.uvntv.com. For more information on obtaining tickets to the concert, visit www.sxsw.com.
Written by DJ Z on 03/11/08
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.