Ice Cube Announces the Best West Coast Hip-Hop Album of the Year
Los Angeles, CA -- On August 14th, Ice Cube's independent imprint Lench Mob Records, will release "GUILTY BY AFFILIATION," the new solo album from west coast icon and Westside Connection member, WC (aka Dub C).
As rap has become today's pop music many of its artists have moved away from the street-centered mentality that made the music so potent in the 1980s and 1990s. Realizing that rap has lost its edge and intensity, Los Angeles rap icon and Westside Connection member WC returns rap to its creative roots -- exemplary lyricism, conceptual greatness, bone-crushing production -- on his masterful new album, "GUILTY BY AFFILIATION."
The label boldly hails "GUILTY BY AFFILIATION" as the best west coast album of the year and as exactly what fans expect from an Ice Cube-produced project -- 100% west coast gangsta rap with no apologies. With over 1.1 million combined listens on the WC and Ice Cube myspace pages and 500,000 plays on the Internet video "This Is Los Angeles," the public has shown its approval.
WC's stellar performance on "GUILTY BY AFFILIATION" along with guest appearances by the west coast big three, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg and The Game, support Lench Mob Record's mission to super-serve the west coast hip-hop fan with superior music via a target specific marketing approach.
Since appearing on the Ice-T-backed Rhyme Syndicate compilation in the late 1980s, WC has remained rock-solid and has established himself as one of rap's most important voices. He was the visionary behind Low Profile and the political WC And The MAAD Circle. With super-group Westside Connection (Ice Cube, Mack 10, WC), WC flexed his gangster rap heritage to the hilt.
One constant throughout his distinguished career has been his uncanny ability to draw attention to his high-octane rhymes through his varied inflection, his wide-ranging delivery patterns and his constantly shifting rhyme speed. Long-time partner-in-rhyme and childhood neighbor Ice Cube has also been a constant in WC's career and is releasing "GUILTY BY AFFILIATION" on his Lench Mob Records. "Cube's not just a feature," WC says. "He's a part of the record now."
"WC is the best MC I've ever produced. I'm lucky to have him on my label." - ICE CUBE
Track Listing - WC's "Guilty By Affiliation"
1. This Is Los Angeles
2. West Coast Voodoo featuring The Game
3. Jack and the Bean Stalk
5. Guilty By Affiliation
6. Dodgeball featuring Snoop Dogg and Butch Cassidy
7. Keep It 100
8. Crazy Toones 4 President
9. If You See A Bad Bitch
10. Look At Me
11. Side Dick
12. 80's Babies featuring Ice Cube
13. Gang Injunctions
14. Addicted To It
Written by DJ Z on 08/12/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.