The Hypemen Podcast, The Lost Episodes: Pete Wentz
Way.....way....way....back in the day (aka 2010), when the entire concept of a rap podcast was still in its infancy, there was the Hypemen podcast. Up until the last episode in July of 2011, the Rosenthal brothers and Jensen Karp delivered almost 50 episodes of incredibly nerdy, incredibly funny in-depth interviews, and we were there to lend a helping hand.
But then, like an Amazonian rainforest reclaiming a once great Mayan civilization, the Hypemen was lost to the fog of time. iTunes stopped carrying the podcast, we had to switch servers and our streams died, and just like that, some seriously great hip-hop interviews were digitally buried.
Thankfully, I worked some server magic and managed to recover every episode, the guys were down to revive the podcast, and here we are. Over the next few weeks I'll be re-issueing some of the Hypemen's best episodes, and up next I'm going to bring in Pete Wentz, who at the time was a "former" Fall Out Boy member but in the meantime Fall Out Boy has reunited, so now I guess he's a former-former Fall Out Boy member.
You may think that Wentz doesn't have any hip-hop connections, you'd be crazy wrong. In this episode Wentz talks about being given a Roc-A-Fella chain by Jay Z, touring with 50 Cent, working with Pharrell vs. working with The Neptunes, Kanye dissing Fall Out Boy on their own remix, Tyga getting pulled over in Pete's car, what rappers Pete tried to sign to his label and more!
Written by Nathan S. on 06/26/14
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.