The Hypemen Podcast, The Lost Episodes: 88 Keys
Way…..way….way….back in the day (aka 2010), when the entire concept of a rap podcast was still in its infancy, there was the Hypemen podcast. Up until the last episode in July of 2011, the Rosenthal brothers and Jensen Karp delivered almost 50 episodes of incredibly nerdy, incredibly funny in-depth interviews, and we were there to lend a helping hand.
But then, like an Amazonian rainforest reclaiming a once great Mayan civilization, the Hypemen was lost to the fog of time. iTunes stopped carrying the podcast, we had to switch servers and our streams died, and just like that, some seriously great hip-hop interviews were digitally buried. Thankfully, I worked some server magic and managed to recover every episode, the guys were down to revive the podcast, and here we are.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be re-issueing some of the Hypemen’s best episodes. Up next, producer, husband, father and oh yeah, rapper 88-Keys joins the Hype Men to discuss Black on Both Sides, Kanye's 88 fandom, lost Pharcyde records Kanye ghostwriting for Nick Cannon, the G.O.O.D. Music roster and why 88's not on it, the secrecy of Hawaii and more!
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and a hip-hop writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]
Written by Nathan S. on 08/21/14
Featured In This Article
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.