HUEY Tops the Music Choice Video on Demand Chart
NEW YORK, NY -- HiTz Committee/Jive Records recording artist HUEY makes his presence known as he climbs to the #1 spot on the Music Choice Video on Demand Chart with his blazing single "Pop, Lock & Drop It." He has held the position for the past three weeks and the video has been the most ordered by consumers. The Lenny Bass-directed clip has just been added to MTV2 and in medium rotation at both MTV Jams and BET.
The club banger (recently featured in the blockbuster film "Stomp The Yard") is produced by Tha Bakery for HiTz Committee Productions. "I started with that one in the clubs," he says of the single. "From Rio to Spotlight, Plush to Toxic, it got to every club and [the deejay's] really didn't have a choice but to play it. Before we knew it, it went to number one on spins." "Pop, Lock & Drop It" is the first single from his anticipated album Notebook Paper due in stores June 5.
At radio, the single makes great strides as well. With the single currently at #16 on the rap charts and #25 on the urban mainstream charts, it continues to climb weekly. The single also impacted on Billboard's Rhythm Monitor Chart today @ #39. With his success on the video channels and at radio, he has sold over 200k ringtones!!
HUEY is well on his way to becoming the next rapper from St. Louis. Look out for his debut album Notebook Paper due in stores June 5.
Source: Jive Records
Written by DJ Z on 03/14/07
You Might Like...
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.