Houston Rapper Rob G Signs With Universal Republic
Houston, TX -- Houston music powerhouse Latium Entertainment's CEO, Charles Chavez, has signed yet another artist through his company's partnership with Universal Music Group, this time for Latin rapper Rob G. Under the new deal, Universal Republic and team will assist Latium in promotion, marketing and dsitributing the artist's major label releases, the first album of which is tentatively slated for Spring '07.
The first single, "Reppin My Block", from Rob G's as-yet-untitled major label debut, was produced by Orlando newcomer Kane and is scheduled to hit the airwaves mid-September. Plans are currently in motion for the single to also feature artists from every region of the country, all of whom will be 'reppin' their own blocks.
With a strong foothold already in place in his hometown, Houston, Where he has lived since the age of 3, Rob G's ability to break out of Texas and make his presence felt nationwide is evidenced by the over 104,000 music plays on his MySpace page. Whether rapping in Spanish, or English, both of which he does exceptionally well, Rob G commands every track he rhymes on, something he proved when he appeared on MTV's Roc-A-Fella sponsored rhyme battle, holding his own against master battlers like Wrekonize and Swann. From growing up without a father, whom he witnessed die at the age of 12, to his life in the hood and all he has been through since to reach his current level of success, Rob G's vivid tales hold his listeners captive as they either relate to his struggles, or merely marvel that he was able to come out on the other side of his past intact.
Tracks for Rob G's upcoming album have already been recorded with Platinum producers like Play-N-Skillz and Happy Perez, as well as local talents like Corey Mo and T. Gray. With the track record that Latium Entertainment has for breaking artists from both the Latin and Urban genres - they also manage Chamillionaire, Frankie J, Baby Bash, Natalie, Play-N-Skillz, Kiotti and Happy Perez - fans can expect Rob G's project to be on the fast-track for similar success.
For an early taste of what fans have in store from Rob G, look out for both "The Rob G Campaign; Pt. 2" mixtape, hosted by Houston's own, Crisco Kidd and the Rob G/DJ Smalls "Fear Factor" mixtape, coming soon...
Written by DJ Z on 08/29/06
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.