Hip Hop Weekly Arrives At National Newsstands And Supermarkets This Week!
NEW YORK, NY -- The hip hop community has been buzzing with anticipation for the last few weeks, ever since David Mays and Ray Benzino, the creators of The Source, announced the launch of their new magazine, Hip Hop Weekly. HHW arrives on newsstands this week, featuring a fast-paced and groundbreaking new format that is unlike any other magazine currently on the market. HHW's first cover story is an exclusive report on the split between Game and Dr. Dre, who did not work on Game's new album coming out this fall.
Hip Hop Weekly delivers on its promise to provide more timely and relevant information than traditional monthly hip hop magazines. Highlights of HHW's debut issue include:
-- Television: a first look in print at VH1's annual "Hip Hop Honors" show
-- News: exclusive photos of DMX going after the soundman at a recent Long Island concert
-- Lifestyle: "310 Whips" with Nick Cannon showing off his 2006 Phantom Rolls Royce
-- Music: a feature on how Jay-Z & Beyonce are fending off the haters; plus, spotlights on Yung Dro, Fat Joe and Lupe Fiasco
-- Events: a first-hand report from the recent Jay Z/Rick Ross overseas concert tour
-- Sports: an editorial on football's current bad boy Terrell Owens and pictorial on hip hop/sports powerhouse And 1 and their streetball games, tour and video game
-- Politics: an exclusive report on Jay Z stating, "I'm out for dead president Bush," while performing with Nas at London's Wembley Stadium
-- Fashion: celebrity style on the red carpet with Terrence Howard, Zoe Saldana, Lil' Kim and more
HHW also features exclusive columns by two of today's most influential hosts in urban radio, Wendy Williams and Star & Buc Wild. In "The Wendy Williams Pages," Wendy dishes dirt on Big Tigger, Bobby Brown, Busta Rhymes, Jermaine Dupri and more. Star & Buc Wild's column predicts the newest celebrity battles, including Beyonce vs. Rihanna and Will Smith vs. Johnny Knoxville.
Written by DJ Z on 10/25/06
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.