Heineken Red Star Soul Kicks Off in Chicago [Exclusive Coverage]
Photo Credit: Eric Weiler
Chicago, IL -- Last Thursday, Heineken kicked off their 2009 Red Star Soul tour, a nine-city trek throughout the Northeast, Midwest and Dirty South that will span the next three months. Created for the trendsetting social media generation, the event allowed lucky fans (ages 21 and older, of course) to experience and interact with DJBooth.net-favorites Ludacris, Melanie Fiona, and DJ Don Cannon (on the 1's and 2's).
Hosted by comedian Kevin Hart, the nation's "premier beer importer" put on a great event, thanks in part to Windy City hotspot the Shrine's intimate VIP club setting. On the outdoor patio area of the venue, DJBooth.net was granted interviews with Fiona and Cannon, as well as guest producer and Chicago native The Legendary Traxster, all of which can be enjoyed below.
Melanie Fiona Interview:
The Legendary Traxster Interview
Scheduled to perform on select future dates are Big Boi, T-Pain, N.E.R.D., and Wale. For more information on the remaining 8 dates, you can visit www.heinekenredstarsoul.com.
Written by DJ Z on 08/10/09
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.