Heineken Red Star Soul Kicks Off in Chicago [Exclusive Coverage]
Photo Credit: Eric Weiler
Chicago, IL -- Last Thursday, Heineken kicked off their 2009 Red Star Soul tour, a nine-city trek throughout the Northeast, Midwest and Dirty South that will span the next three months. Created for the trendsetting social media generation, the event allowed lucky fans (ages 21 and older, of course) to experience and interact with DJBooth.net-favorites Ludacris, Melanie Fiona, and DJ Don Cannon (on the 1's and 2's).
Hosted by comedian Kevin Hart, the nation's "premier beer importer" put on a great event, thanks in part to Windy City hotspot the Shrine's intimate VIP club setting. On the outdoor patio area of the venue, DJBooth.net was granted interviews with Fiona and Cannon, as well as guest producer and Chicago native The Legendary Traxster, all of which can be enjoyed below.
Melanie Fiona Interview:
The Legendary Traxster Interview
Scheduled to perform on select future dates are Big Boi, T-Pain, N.E.R.D., and Wale. For more information on the remaining 8 dates, you can visit www.heinekenredstarsoul.com.
Written by DJ Z on 08/10/09
You Might Like...
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.