Heineken Red Star Soul Kicks Off in Chicago [Exclusive Coverage]
Photo Credit: Eric Weiler
Chicago, IL -- Last Thursday, Heineken kicked off their 2009 Red Star Soul tour, a nine-city trek throughout the Northeast, Midwest and Dirty South that will span the next three months. Created for the trendsetting social media generation, the event allowed lucky fans (ages 21 and older, of course) to experience and interact with DJBooth.net-favorites Ludacris, Melanie Fiona, and DJ Don Cannon (on the 1's and 2's).
Hosted by comedian Kevin Hart, the nation's "premier beer importer" put on a great event, thanks in part to Windy City hotspot the Shrine's intimate VIP club setting. On the outdoor patio area of the venue, DJBooth.net was granted interviews with Fiona and Cannon, as well as guest producer and Chicago native The Legendary Traxster, all of which can be enjoyed below.
Melanie Fiona Interview:
The Legendary Traxster Interview
Scheduled to perform on select future dates are Big Boi, T-Pain, N.E.R.D., and Wale. For more information on the remaining 8 dates, you can visit www.heinekenredstarsoul.com.
More From Ludacris
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.