Heineken Red Star Soul Kicks Off in Chicago [Exclusive Coverage]
Photo Credit: Eric Weiler
Chicago, IL -- Last Thursday, Heineken kicked off their 2009 Red Star Soul tour, a nine-city trek throughout the Northeast, Midwest and Dirty South that will span the next three months. Created for the trendsetting social media generation, the event allowed lucky fans (ages 21 and older, of course) to experience and interact with DJBooth.net-favorites Ludacris, Melanie Fiona, and DJ Don Cannon (on the 1's and 2's).
Hosted by comedian Kevin Hart, the nation's "premier beer importer" put on a great event, thanks in part to Windy City hotspot the Shrine's intimate VIP club setting. On the outdoor patio area of the venue, DJBooth.net was granted interviews with Fiona and Cannon, as well as guest producer and Chicago native The Legendary Traxster, all of which can be enjoyed below.
Melanie Fiona Interview:
The Legendary Traxster Interview
Scheduled to perform on select future dates are Big Boi, T-Pain, N.E.R.D., and Wale. For more information on the remaining 8 dates, you can visit www.heinekenredstarsoul.com.
Written by DJ Z on 08/10/09
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.