Heineken Red Star Soul Kicks Off in Chicago [Exclusive Coverage]
Photo Credit: Eric Weiler
Chicago, IL -- Last Thursday, Heineken kicked off their 2009 Red Star Soul tour, a nine-city trek throughout the Northeast, Midwest and Dirty South that will span the next three months. Created for the trendsetting social media generation, the event allowed lucky fans (ages 21 and older, of course) to experience and interact with DJBooth.net-favorites Ludacris, Melanie Fiona, and DJ Don Cannon (on the 1's and 2's).
Hosted by comedian Kevin Hart, the nation's "premier beer importer" put on a great event, thanks in part to Windy City hotspot the Shrine's intimate VIP club setting. On the outdoor patio area of the venue, DJBooth.net was granted interviews with Fiona and Cannon, as well as guest producer and Chicago native The Legendary Traxster, all of which can be enjoyed below.
Melanie Fiona Interview:
The Legendary Traxster Interview
Scheduled to perform on select future dates are Big Boi, T-Pain, N.E.R.D., and Wale. For more information on the remaining 8 dates, you can visit www.heinekenredstarsoul.com.
Written by DJ Z on 08/10/09
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.