Hall of Justus Super Producer Khrysis Teams up with NIKE for Documentary
Continuing his ascension up the Hip hop production ladder, Khrysis (whose previous production credits include Jean Grae, Big Pooh, Masta Ace, Sean Price, Smif N Wesson and Little Brother) teams up with Nike to provide the soundtrack for Nike’s newest documentary, “LACED”.
Nike set to make a documentary celebrating 30 years of Nike Basketball history. For this film feature, familiar faces in the basketball and sneaker cultures such as Pee Wee Kirkland, Benny Gold, Dave Ortiz of DQM, and Bobbito Garcia were interviewed to talk about the different aspects of basketball and sneaker communities. The film goes in depth with streetball, sneaker art, fashion, and more.
Khrysis, one half of the underground powerhouse “The Away Team”, recently released the sophomore album titled Training Day. Khrysis supremely handles all of the production duties on Training Day and while The Away Team’s chemistry is undeniable throughout, they introduced an unofficial third member, Nervous Reck, and also collaborate with Dilated People’s Evidence, Sean Price, Black Milk, Supastition and Darien Brockington on Training Day.
The Away Team’s sophomore LP, Training Day, was released on 10-30-07 via the Hall Of Justus Music Group with distribution by Fatbeats.
Written by DJ Z on 12/18/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.