From Whitney to Alicia, the Greatest Super Bowl National Anthems
This Sunday Seattle and Denver will clash to determine the best team in football, and of course we'll be interested in watching Peyton go up against the Seahawk's vaunted secondary. But the Super Bowl is about more than a game, it's about food, commercials. the halftime show and, of course, who sings the national anthem. After all, on The DJBooth all we really care about is the music.
This year opera singer Renee Fleming will be doing the vocal honors, but before she sings a note, how will she stack up against some of the previous greats? Luckily, Pepsi has a complete breakdown of the greatest national anthem performances in Super Bowl history; spoiler alert, they have Whitney Houston's epic rendition near the top.
As they write, "It takes a true artist to give a masterful performance that leaves viewers with shivers in their spines, tears in their eyes and goosebumps on their arms, all before the game starts." So to get your spine shivering now and do your homework before those first few notes of "O say can you see" kick off on Sunday, be sure to check out Pepsi's list of most memorable Super Bowl national anthem performances.
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.