From Whitney to Alicia, the Greatest Super Bowl National Anthems
This Sunday Seattle and Denver will clash to determine the best team in football, and of course we'll be interested in watching Peyton go up against the Seahawk's vaunted secondary. But the Super Bowl is about more than a game, it's about food, commercials. the halftime show and, of course, who sings the national anthem. After all, on The DJBooth all we really care about is the music.
This year opera singer Renee Fleming will be doing the vocal honors, but before she sings a note, how will she stack up against some of the previous greats? Luckily, Pepsi has a complete breakdown of the greatest national anthem performances in Super Bowl history; spoiler alert, they have Whitney Houston's epic rendition near the top.
As they write, "It takes a true artist to give a masterful performance that leaves viewers with shivers in their spines, tears in their eyes and goosebumps on their arms, all before the game starts." So to get your spine shivering now and do your homework before those first few notes of "O say can you see" kick off on Sunday, be sure to check out Pepsi's list of most memorable Super Bowl national anthem performances.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/28/14
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.