From Whitney to Alicia, the Greatest Super Bowl National Anthems
This Sunday Seattle and Denver will clash to determine the best team in football, and of course we'll be interested in watching Peyton go up against the Seahawk's vaunted secondary. But the Super Bowl is about more than a game, it's about food, commercials. the halftime show and, of course, who sings the national anthem. After all, on The DJBooth all we really care about is the music.
This year opera singer Renee Fleming will be doing the vocal honors, but before she sings a note, how will she stack up against some of the previous greats? Luckily, Pepsi has a complete breakdown of the greatest national anthem performances in Super Bowl history; spoiler alert, they have Whitney Houston's epic rendition near the top.
As they write, "It takes a true artist to give a masterful performance that leaves viewers with shivers in their spines, tears in their eyes and goosebumps on their arms, all before the game starts." So to get your spine shivering now and do your homework before those first few notes of "O say can you see" kick off on Sunday, be sure to check out Pepsi's list of most memorable Super Bowl national anthem performances.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/28/14
You Might Like...
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.